free hit counter
Football N Politics - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sports Talk about your favorite team!

Old October 14th, 2017, 12:20 AM

Likes Given: 1
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
TheResister is on a distinguished road
Default Football N Politics

I'm not a football fan. After you read this thread maybe you'll understand why.

Football is this sport wherein the players represent a team. Outside of them being united in their quest to take home multimillion dollar paychecks, they don't have much to claim they are a part of a team.

Many times the players are not from the geographic area for which they play. This knee bending fiasco has shown that many players are not on Team USA. They have no respect for the flag nor what it represents. They have no respect for the fans who pay to see them play football, not make political statements that divide the people. When you break it down, on most demographics many of the players on any given team are not representative of the fans who buy the tickets on any level. Outside of football, they have nothing in common with the fans.

I would never encourage children to watch football. The guy they cheer for may make millions and hate his fan base. His lifestyle might offend the sensibilities of the fans. Where I live at, one football player got involved in dog fights and after being convicted got to go back and play the game again. Another football player here has been arrested on numerous DUI and pot charges. Another used to get into fights and beat the crap out of his woman. Some are affiliated with extreme leftist groups.

Sean Hannity remarked the other day that if two kids and the parents go to a football game, pay for parking, get a few hot-dogs and drinks, and purchase two jerseys, the tab is around $1000. And then you're subjected to their political statements?

Honestly, I'd rather take the kids to a Ring of Honor wrestling event where the whole evening with the kids would run more like $100 for the family and you can pick and choose what individual wrestlers you identify with. Why do football fans support teams that have players that would offend the fans in their everyday lives?
Old October 14th, 2017, 03:22 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 750
Liked 1,802 in 1,597 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Team sports are what they are. Before globalization, they did have some identifying power when you went to cheer your local boys over their local boys. Now you're supposed to buy all the crappy merchandise and cheer "our" import savages over "their" import rapists. Which is one reason, even before this latest flag fiasco, why they're all in irreversible decline.
Old October 14th, 2017, 01:12 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,275 in 1,904 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I guess we could go back to the good old days and grab a few sticks and beat the bejeezuz out of the guys living next door.

Seriously though, why sports appeal to us in a modern society is rather complex and coming at it from one aspect shortchanges the others.

Iowahawk sums it up nicely.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.