free hit counter
Make Shoulder Pad Queen Rugby Great Again - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sports Talk about your favorite team!

Old October 6th, 2016, 04:27 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 750
Liked 1,802 in 1,597 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future
Default Make Shoulder Pad Queen Rugby Great Again

So this is basically gobbledygook to me, but elsewhere these suggestions for making the NFL great again where met with considerable enthusiasm by the couch potatoes:

Quote:
-Reduce the 17-week, 16-game season to 15 weeks, with 14 games.
-Ban all politics by players and the league. No more flags on helmets, pink cleats, or protests. If the league can discipline a player for wearing the wrong color wristband, it can do so for failing to stand at attention, Bud Grant-style, for the anthem. Black helmet stickers for one game to honor a deceased player, coach, or owner are acceptable.
-Cut down on the number of flags, particularly those that nullify a big play without having directly affected it. And get rid of instant replay. It's only made matters worse, to the extent that no one even knows what a catch is anymore.
-Stop emphasizing the pass. 500-yard passing games are flag football and BYU, not the NFL. Pass interference is 10 yards, automatic first down.
-Encourage more white players by adopting standard, race-neutral 2-game bans for an arrest, 4 more games for a conviction. Teams will tend to prefer the more law-abiding marginal white players over the more athletic marginal black players because the former will be able to stay on the field.
-No more wild card teams. Win the division, make the playoffs. Two rounds and the Super Bowl will end playoff fatigue.
I'm sure y'all agree.
Old October 6th, 2016, 06:23 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,275 in 1,904 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

THe NFL fills the function as intended, you can bet on it. Everything else is just window dressing. As long as the game plays within the rules and produces results that can be regarded as fair nothing else matters. If betting stopped on the NFL: the sport would disappear.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old October 7th, 2016, 12:19 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 750
Liked 1,802 in 1,597 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Apparently the reason they bother is that NFL viewership has decreased by 10% the last year.
Old October 7th, 2016, 12:40 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,275 in 1,904 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Frankly that is not surprising. You can only gin up interest in something for so long. As some point either younger viewers are attracted or they are not and they find other things to do. Other things are of more interest to their time than watching something they have no vested interest in. Baseball has gone through the same decline and so will Basketball. YOu know, those racist, exploitative and patriarchal endeavours that go against the current view of the world.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.