free hit counter
Christianity's Doctrine of Atonement - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sunday Gota Meetin' Religion and the discussion of right and wrong

Old June 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Person of Interest

Likes Given: 24
Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice
Default Christianity's Doctrine of Atonement

Some of you may be familiar with the teaching that "Jesus died for our sins". Yet the teachings of Jesus, even as recorded in the Bible, are contrary to this doctrine. The choice for Christians is clear: follow the teachings of Jesus, or follow the teachings of the men who espouse the atonement doctrine.

I tried to post the entire text of this article, but the server couldn't handle it. Please follow this link if you are interested:

http://urantia-book.org/archive/readers/atonement.html

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Alright, I wanted to humor you here but that is way too much reading for a subject that isn't really pertinent to me at the moment, so I will leave it to others. Out of sheer curiosity, could you give the notion a quick summary? Like 8 or 10 of the best bullet points?

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:16 PM

Likes Given: 129
Liked 75 in 67 Posts
fyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to allfyrenza is a name known to all

S/He's actually having to read, themselves,
or they don't "get" the whole Copy & Paste option.

HEY! It's been OVER an hour ...

Last edited by fyrenza; June 27th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
Alright, I wanted to humor you here but that is way too much reading for a subject that isn't really pertinent to me at the moment, so I will leave it to others. Out of sheer curiosity, could you give the notion a quick summary? Like 8 or 10 of the best bullet points?
Basically, the blood atonement doctrine is not supported by the words of Jesus as recorded in the Bible. When asked what the first rule for living should be, Jesus told us to love God. When asked what the second rule should be, he told us to love one another. At no point did he say "You must believe that my death was necessary to save mankind". The article has links at the top which will take you to specific areas that might be of interest. If you aren't motivated to read any of this, maybe you're in the wrong thread.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old June 27th, 2013, 03:54 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,828 in 1,622 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadon View Post
At no point did he say "You must believe that my death was necessary to save mankind".
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but doesn't that, sort of, have some pretty serious chronology issues?
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:27 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

After the resurrection.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:29 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

And I think there is a mistake about it not appearing in the Bible.

Romans 4:25

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:34 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

I guess if you want to say, Jesus never said it, you are right. But it is in the Bible and is there for a reason. This interpretation.

Quote:
He died in the room and stead of his people, and by dying made satisfaction for their sins; he rose again as their head and representative, and was legally discharged, acquitted, and justified, and they in him. Christ's resurrection did not procure the justification of his people, that was done by his obedience and death; but was for the testification of it, that it might fully appear that sin was atoned for, and an everlasting righteousness was brought in; and for the application of it, or that Christ might live and see his righteousness imputed, and applied to all those for whom he had wrought it out.

Quote:
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadon View Post
I tried to post the entire text of this article, but the server couldn't handle it
It could handle it fine, but I have it set not to do so, on the posting of entire articles if they are more than a set length. Copyright carefulness and all.

Feel free though to post 2-3 paragraphs as a hook, then post the link and you'll find you generate more interest in clicks.

/sidebar
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but doesn't that, sort of, have some pretty serious chronology issues?
My bad, I probably should've made it future tense.

- The Urantia Book