free hit counter
GAB looks to be gone. - Page 3 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

US Politics Discuss government policies and candidates, and the latest follies of your congresscritter.

Old November 6th, 2018, 04:05 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,828 in 1,622 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Yeah. It doesn't help that @e (cto) threw in the towel the night before the shutdown. Apparently, he'd gotten death threats nailed to his door.
Old November 6th, 2018, 05:11 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Hadn't heard that.

All things considered I think we might express some cautious optimism for the election tonight. Whether that bodes well or ill for the site I can't begin to guess.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old November 6th, 2018, 05:35 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

If the repugs get a renewed ticket, Trump really needs to step up the pace. No hopeful bullshit about Secret Session and trust the plan.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:50 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

So much crap needs doing who knows what can get done, when it can get done or how to get it done.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:42 AM
€COM#1

Well, it's all done now. Nothing will pass congress the next two years. Trump might try to do an Obama and rule by EO, but there's a legion of dems-in-robes standing by to nix that.

@mm must have been busy campaigning because Beto came within a hair's breath of unseating Boy Cruz too. Demographics is destiny - I think TX might still go Trump in 2020, but after that, it's just California writ dusty. Let in the third world, become the third world.

With Trump's failure to secure the wall and mass deportations, everything else he accomplishes is ultimately meaningless. I'm beginning to think that HRC should have won, because at this pace, Trump is not so much a holding action for whites as an extension of the period that the enemies get to import diversity biomass for the coming civil war.
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:16 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

It was close in Texas because the expansion of the electorate at the last minute was quite impressive. In Democrat controlled areas the non-citizen vote was allowed and encouraged. Luckily Texas can do something about that. Whether they do or not is another matter.

Nice to see the Senate become more Red but the numbers in 2020 are going to favor the Democrats so it might not matter too much. At this point McConnell better have an assembly line going to confirm judges which will help, but not solve, some of our problems.

The House got whacked for 2 primary reasons. 1. Redistricting in Pennsylvania which placed Republicans at a serious disadvantage and 2. 40 or so retirements which left seats open and lost the power of incumbency which we may have had in those races. I haven't seen the final tally on where the loses occurred but I bet quite a few were in those districts.

THings are going to be a mess for 2 years. If we want anything done to mitigate that we better get it done over the next 4 weeks. I don't place much hope in that but it is all we got. After January I bet the first articles of Impeachment get voted out of the House by the end of April and all the problems of the deep state will go down the memory hole. The only bright side is that nothing new that gets out of the House that will get past the Senate and overtly hurt the country but nothing is going to come out to help either. Lots will depend upon how strong the backbone really is in the Senate to block legislation and whether the deal maker Trump will start wielding the veto pen like he tweets. I guess we will see what we see. You know what we witnessed yesterday is something we all knew was the destination we were heading and I will have to agree there is strong evidence there is no u-turn coming up on this highway anytime soon or without much, much more pain and suffering being involved.

Quote:

Last edited by walruskkkch; November 7th, 2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old November 7th, 2018, 05:24 PM
€COM#1

Florida locked in the felon vote. Good luck ever turning that GOP again...
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:16 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Recidivism may help out there.

Quote:
Old November 8th, 2018, 11:29 AM
€COM#1

That's about the first time I've heard something positive about recidivism. But don't they get to vote in jail too now?
Old November 8th, 2018, 12:42 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Don't know how the Florida law is worded. One would assume only released felons qualify for voting reinstatement but I would have to google that.

Quote: