free hit counter
Google again insults Christians - Page 3 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sunday Gota Meetin' Religion and the discussion of right and wrong

Old May 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM

Likes Given: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
manofleisure is on a distinguished roadmanofleisure is on a distinguished road
Default I retread my post and sure enough ....

I said nothing like that. Just because I, or others, don't publicly mention, or endorse your personal beliefs every time a religious holiday rolls around doesn't mean we want to take them away. We aren't intentionally slighting you. If I don't recognize Easter or Christmas. I fail to see how that diminishes your beliefs in any way. That said, I do think some people look for any excuse to feel persecuted.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofleisure View Post
I said nothing like that. Just because I, or others, don't publicly mention, or endorse your personal beliefs every time a religious holiday rolls around doesn't mean we want to take them away. We aren't intentionally slighting you. If I don't recognize Easter or Christmas. I fail to see how that diminishes your beliefs in any way. That said, I do think some people look for any excuse to feel persecuted.
I'm a atheist, and I too am against the political correctness run amok to the point where companies are afraid of shrill tiny minorities to the point where they take traditional greetings in place for centuries, and change them so as not to "offend" the tiny, shrill minorities.

I'm not at all offended, irritated, even bothered and certainly not threatened by hearing "Merry Christmas." And I support those who vote with their dollars by not patronizing those places.

I default to liberty. You default to tyranny.
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM

Likes Given: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
manofleisure is on a distinguished roadmanofleisure is on a distinguished road
Default I'm not threatened ....

or bothered by it either. On the other hand, I can't imagine myself expecting it from others. If I walk into a store I expect courteous service in a reasonable amount of time. That's it. I wouldn't expect businesses to acknowledge my personal religious beliefs. You're right though. we are all free to take our money or our business elsewhere, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofleisure View Post
or bothered by it either. On the other hand, I can't imagine myself expecting it from others. If I walk into a store I expect courteous service in a reasonable amount of time. That's it. I wouldn't expect businesses to acknowledge my personal religious beliefs. You're right though. we are all free to take our money or our business elsewhere, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Nobody expects that. What they expect is that, if for decades a company DOES greet with "Merry Christmas" or whatever, they should either drop such greetings completely or not change them based on shrill yelps from militant minorities.

Clearly you don't understand the gripe. Here is is, simplified:

1.) Company A which always greeted customers with "Merry Christmas" during the season, suddenly one year changes not only the greeting, but all packaging and banners in the stores nationwide to "Happy Holidays."

2.) When customers asked why, the answer was, "We don't want to offend anyone." They then later admit it was a decision based on political correctness and "diversity."

3.) The majority of the customers now ARE offended. And threaten to take their purchasing power elsewhere.

4.) Magically, "Merry Christmas" is back.

You shouldn't have a beef with any of the above. I don't.

You and I aren't militant atheists who demand stupid and silly things in the name of atheism, you see? If the folks want to see "Merry Christmas" it's no skin off my nose at all and I support the right to vote with our dollars no matter the issue.