free hit counter
WW II Vets Sweep Past Barricade - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Military Armed forces strategies, news and comments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:35 PM
lilpogie's Avatar
lilpogie lilpogie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,835
Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of
Default WW II Vets Sweep Past Barricade

As one person pointed out in the comment section, this memorial is not even manned, and is open for everyone to visit, so not sure what the purpose of the barricade was anyway.

'Greatest generation' veterans sweep past barricades at memorial in their honor | Fox News

What was meant to be a final gathering of heroes Tuesday instead became a final victory for dozens of World War II combat vets who refused to let the government's budget battle block a visit to their memorial in the nation's capital.
With bagpipers playing "Amazing Grace," nearly 200 veterans from Mississippi and Iowa swept past barricades and security guards at the World War II Memorial in Washington in order to keep a commitment to visit the site, which was closed today due to the partial government shutdown. The veterans, in their 80s and 90s, were accompanied by Rep. Steven Palazzo, R-Miss., a former Marine who earlier vowed not to let the National Park Police keep them from a planned visit to the open-air monument.
__________________
We find comfort in those who agree with us, growth among those who don't. Frank A. Clark

  #2  
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:42 PM
Vel's Avatar
Vel Vel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,481
Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpogie View Post
As one person pointed out in the comment section, this memorial is not even manned, and is open for everyone to visit, so not sure what the purpose of the barricade was anyway.

'Greatest generation' veterans sweep past barricades at memorial in their honor | Fox News

What was meant to be a final gathering of heroes Tuesday instead became a final victory for dozens of World War II combat vets who refused to let the government's budget battle block a visit to their memorial in the nation's capital.
With bagpipers playing "Amazing Grace," nearly 200 veterans from Mississippi and Iowa swept past barricades and security guards at the World War II Memorial in Washington in order to keep a commitment to visit the site, which was closed today due to the partial government shutdown. The veterans, in their 80s and 90s, were accompanied by Rep. Steven Palazzo, R-Miss., a former Marine who earlier vowed not to let the National Park Police keep them from a planned visit to the open-air monument.
It's like the WhiteHouse tours. Obama was trying to hit the emotions and the Vets were having none of it. Good for them.

Obama admin. knew about WWII veterans' request, rejected it | The Daily Caller
  #3  
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
lilpogie's Avatar
lilpogie lilpogie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,835
Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of
Default

Wow! Colossal prick!
__________________
We find comfort in those who agree with us, growth among those who don't. Frank A. Clark

2 Likes this
  #4  
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:52 PM
Vel's Avatar
Vel Vel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,481
Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of
Default

Yes he is. I've reached a point where the sound of his voice truly sickens me. What a nasty, petty, little man. I DETEST petty.
Post liked by
  #5  
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:56 PM
lilpogie's Avatar
lilpogie lilpogie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,835
Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
Yes he is. I've reached a point where the sound of his voice truly sickens me. What a nasty, petty, little man. I DETEST petty.

I'm right there with ya. Truly, he sickens me.
__________________
We find comfort in those who agree with us, growth among those who don't. Frank A. Clark

  #6  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
moomin's Avatar
moomin moomin is offline
€COM#1
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Freezer
Posts: 7,080
Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,830 in 1,624 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future
Default

Stupidity and pettiness isn't usually this entertaining, though. You have to give Obama props for that.
__________________
Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth.
  #7  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Vel's Avatar
Vel Vel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,481
Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Stupidity and pettiness isn't usually this entertaining, though. You have to give Obama props for that.
I'm really not amused. I see his stupidity and that of his supporters and it now infuriates me. The first thoughts that come to mind are always..arrogant, insufferable bastard.
Post liked by
  #8  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
walruskkkch's Avatar
walruskkkch walruskkkch is online now
They call me MR. Kitty
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Katmandhu
Posts: 6,901
Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default

It is strange that the government had to create a situation [erecting barricades on normally open streets]so that they then could close something down to make people feel the pain of the government shutdown on something that technically doesn't close in the first place. And how much money did it cost them to erect the barricades that aren't normally used at the site?
__________________


Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Post liked by
  #9  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Vel's Avatar
Vel Vel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,481
Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
It is strange that the government had to create a situation [erecting barricades on normally open streets]so that they then could close something down to make people feel the pain of the government shutdown on something that technically doesn't close in the first place. And how much money did it cost them to erect the barricades that aren't normally used at the site?
What a way to allocate those emergency funds.
  #10  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
walruskkkch's Avatar
walruskkkch walruskkkch is online now
They call me MR. Kitty
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Katmandhu
Posts: 6,901
Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default

Democrats are all about the theater, never the substance.
__________________


Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright ©2000 - 2018 usmessageboards.com all rights reserved