free hit counter
"Guns are made for killing people." Let's put that nonsense to bed right now. - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Assault on the 2nd Amendment Here's the spot to post firearms related threads about proposed new laws, lies about shootings, gun myths, etc.

Old January 17th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future
Default "Guns are made for killing people." Let's put that nonsense to bed right now.

If you believe guns are made specifically and only for killing, you should be banned from owning any. And you should be locked in a rubber room and carefully monitored 24/7/365.

Guns are intended for putting a piece of lead on a target. Doesn't matter what the target is. The target is chosen by the shooter, therefore so is the intent. See?

A local fella was killed with a roofing hammer the other day, he broke into a house and the homeowner plunged it into his chest.

A hammer is also made to hit a target. The target was defined by the person wielding the hammer, in the example above.

According to the gubmint, 40 children annually die from drowning in 5 gallon plastic buckets. Where's the outrage over that? Where's the bans, the regulation? This is not about protecting kids, it's about USING child victims to pass more gun laws!

Feinstein's current "assault weapons" ban proposal doesn't cover the rifle used at Sandy Hook, and the "assault weapons" ban which expired in 2004 didn't either. And Not a single one of Obama's 23 proposals/executive actions would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy or saved one life. It's just an excuse to harass law abiding citizens and chip away at our rights. "Never let a crisis go to waste."

The piling on by the political left, their cohorts in the media, and clueless dolts everywhere to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved or in any way helped those children, disgusts me.

Here's a hunting rifle, a Marlin 22 cal. long, that is just as dangerous in the wrong hands as the .223 AR used at Sandy Hook:

Like the AR, it fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. Also like the AR, it can be modified to fire full auto and can have added magazine ammo above the 18 it already allows. Doing either is already violation of existing gun laws.

You can also buy the Marlin model that uses clips instead of the mag tube to store the ammo. The differences are purely and only, cosmetic.

I can shoot far more accurately at distance with the Marlin 22 than I ever could the AR... I regularly shoot dimes at 200 yards with my Marlin. No way could I do that with the short barreled AR.

Someone armed with a long rifle wouldn't need to enter a school or even be that close to it, if intent was to shoot children.. He/she could just rapidly pick them off in the playground, or otherwise, in the yard after calling in a bomb threat or something... using the innocent looking Marlin instead of the AR, from a good distance. And probably get away clean.

Guns and rifles can be USED to kill - just like the hammer I referenced above. But they are not intended for killing. They are intended and designed to put a piece of lead on a target. The intent, the target, is defined ONLY by the person doing the shooting.

And that's the memo.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:41 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,827 in 1,621 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

"I can shoot far more accurately at distance with the Marlin 22 than I ever could the AR... I regularly shoot dimes at 200 yards with my Marlin."

That's pretty good. Standing? Scope?
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
"I can shoot far more accurately at distance with the Marlin 22 than I ever could the AR... I regularly shoot dimes at 200 yards with my Marlin."

Just a 5 power scope, nothing fancy. Standing. I'm deadeye with that Marlin.
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:40 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Just a 5 power scope, nothing fancy. Standing. I'm deadeye with that Marlin.
That's good shootin'. I shot top 1% back in the army, and I would have a hard time with a target that small at that distance.

Anyway, I think your protest about the use of guns is a leetel disingenuous. Just because you can use a barbie doll to kill with doesn't mean everything else is equal. Guns are specifically designed to dish out as much interpersonal violence as possible to the lowest common denominator in operator proficiency. Any sane society would think long and hard about disseminating them wildly among retards who can barely tie their own shoes, and the only real justification in the US is that it's already far, far too late to do anything about it, so the ONLY effect a gun ban would have would be to make you all collectively better victims for criminals.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
That's good shootin'. I shot top 1% back in the army, and I would have a hard time with a target that small at that distance.

Anyway, I think your protest about the use of guns is a leetel disingenuous. Just because you can use a barbie doll to kill with doesn't mean everything else is equal. Guns are specifically designed to dish out as much interpersonal violence as possible to the lowest common denominator in operator proficiency. Any sane society would think long and hard about disseminating them wildly among retards who can barely tie their own shoes, and the only real justification in the US is that it's already far, far too late to do anything about it, so the ONLY effect a gun ban would have would be to make you all collectively better victims for criminals.
It's not disingenuous at all. A firearm is a not a weapon, until a human uses it for one. Think about it.
Quote:
Guns are specifically designed to dish out as much interpersonal violence as possible to the lowest common denominator in operator proficiency.
They are not. They are specifically designed to put a piece of lead on a target. If the chosen target is another human being, it is interpersonal violence.

Just like with the barbie doll up someone's ass. It became a weapon, for that operation.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:21 PM
€COM#1

Quote:
It's not disingenuous at all. A firearm is a not a weapon, until a human uses it for one. Think about it.They are not. They are specifically designed to put a piece of lead on a target. If the chosen target is another human being, it is interpersonal violence.
I get the distinction you're making. I just don't think it's all that important.

I mean, assume I was REALLY interested in building my own Orion space craft (the nuclear boom engine deal), and stockpiled a load of nuclear warheads in my Chateau. Them's just tools, no?

Except of course there's a problem. The darn things are just so destructive that no possible justification could be made to allow them into private use. At least not this side of Dr Strangelove. The same can be said for most every other piece of hardware built specifically for the battlefield, down to field artillery, mines and mortars. Guns are _just_ this side of that border, given that they actually have other uses than to kill people in job lots, although they are obviously great for that as well. But that does not mean that their general usage is free of problems.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
It does depend on what you're tryna shoot it with. The Marlin is extremely stable and accurate for the cheapie that it is.

I don't hit the dime every time, of course. I might hit it 7 times per 18 round tube. With practice, just about anyone can.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:13 PM
€COM#1

Quote:
It does depend on what you're tryna shoot it with. The Marlin is extremely stable and accurate for the cheapie that it is.

I don't hit the dime every time, of course. I might hit it 7 times per 18 round tube. With practice, just about anyone can.
I shot mostly with this beauty (well, a local license with some mods):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler...ch_G3#Variants

Great gun, but not incredibly accurate. Decent punch and as near to maintenance free as humanly possible, though. The thing just won't jam unless you use the barrel to shovel dirt with first.

And I maintain that standing at just under 200m at a coin-sized target is good, no matter if you have a well shot in, accurate rifle.
Old October 30th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Tetris Champion Tetris 2 Champion Speedy Thief Champion

Likes Given: 193
Liked 257 in 198 Posts
masterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

democrats are pros at dropping dimes at 200 yards. They seldom miss thier targets.
And tore the world assunder.
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:17 PM

Likes Given: 17
Liked 4 in 4 Posts
GreenBean will become famous soon enoughGreenBean will become famous soon enoughGreenBean will become famous soon enough

.22 Ruger - I can hit a Volkswagen at 200 yards, not sure about about a dime ... lol