free hit counter
WiFi Problems - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Science and Technology Developments that shape how we live our lives

Old June 20th, 2014, 11:22 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default WiFi Problems

Hi all,

Just a general plea for some technical help with my computer system. I kind of think I know what is going wrong, or at least where the problem may be, but I would like some other opinions.

Background. Computer system was running fine until I upgraded to the newer Windows 8 from 8.1. Major problem was that it doesn't recognize any wifi connections. I checked at their site and it seems like a large problem with no solutions. So I restore the old system. Everything seems to be going fine but lately my WiFi connection just drops down to nothing then disappears for a bit before reappearing and reconnecting. Doing that on and off for a couple of weeks. Last night it drops the connection and then, even though the WiFi connection is listed, won't connect giving the message simply as "Cannot make connection". Everything seems fine at the front end where my cable comes in and is connected to my base computer. Rechecked all those connections and they were sound. But the problem hasn't gone away and now the WiFi problem is also affecting my Kindle which was connected to the signal as well. My main computer's connection, which is directly cable connected, is working fine so I am assuming the problem is probably with my router. Does that seem right? I'm not technie enough to really evaluate the problem with sufficient assurance I'm getting it right so before I go out and so something like getting a new router I would appreciate some help.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,699
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Driver signing?
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:39 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Driver signing?
got me. If you mean the authentication process it might be but I don't know how to check for that.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
got me. If you mean the authentication process it might be but I don't know how to check for that.
I would try updating all drivers.
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:42 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

How do I update my drivers when I can't connect to the internet?

Quote:
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
How do I update my drivers when I can't connect to the internet?
I had to do it once by using another computer, getting all the drivers and downloading them to a CD... Then taking the CD to the dead computer and install all the drivers.
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:02 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

This sounding more and more like I should get someone who knows what they are doing to fix it rather than mucking around my self.

Quote:
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Registered Beer User

Upgrading the OS fucks up the drivers and the changes don't revert. It's one good reason I don't upgrade and am still using WindowsXP!
Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

I am an updated driver, and I don't know what is wrong.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Things are working again, for how long I don't know.

Quote: