free hit counter
$36 Billion of Military Hardware Could Be Destroyed in Afghan Pullout - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan All the latest on the ME battle zones and confrontational regimes.

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of
Default $36 Billion of Military Hardware Could Be Destroyed in Afghan Pullout

I suppose if the only choices are let Afghanistan have it or destroy it, destroy it. I can't believe tho that we don't have better options.
$36 Billion of Military Hardware Could Be Destroyed in Afghan Pullout
Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013 11:21 AM
By Todd Beamon
The Obama White House is cutting $65 billion in the sequester, but it could easily leave or torch 750,000 pieces of major military hardware — worth $36 billion — in Afghanistan after U.S. troops pull out by the end of next year.

Here are the options, according to Face the Facts USA of the George Washington University: Leave the equipment — or destroy it — in Afghanistan; move it to other U.S. military outposts; or transfer it to another U.S. agency or to another country.

The estimated cost for the latter two options: $5.7 billion.

The equipment includes trucks, aircraft, and armored vehicles — most of which are controlled by the Army.

Because the Afghanistan terrain is mountainous and landlocked, transport would be difficult. But leaving it behind intact could put the equipment in the wrong hands.

So, is it best to torch $36 billion in U.S. military assets?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newswidget/Af...#ixzz2N3jy2Ckr
Post liked by
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,830 in 1,624 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

>$36 Billion of Military Hardware Could Be Destroyed

>The estimated cost for the latter two options: $5.7 billion.

So what's wrong with this picture? Is this a case of not my budget again?
Post liked by
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:40 PM

Likes Given: 193
Liked 257 in 198 Posts
masterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to behold

Why can't we let the defense dept. sell the arms to homeland security for peanuts then let dhs ship it back here at inflated shipping costs to be used to keep us in line?
Post liked by
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

How can they not get the aircraft out? Errr, they are air worthy are they not?

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Post liked by
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM

Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
>$36 Billion of Military Hardware Could Be Destroyed

>The estimated cost for the latter two options: $5.7 billion.

So what's wrong with this picture? Is this a case of not my budget again?
My assumption was that if you can't replace it for 5.7 billion, maybe you would want to keep it.
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM

Liked 975 in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterminion View Post
Why can't we let the defense dept. sell the arms to homeland security for peanuts then let dhs ship it back here at inflated shipping costs to be used to keep us in line?
I believe I just saw an article that said DHS had just purchased 2700 light armored vehiicles for domestic use.